What is ESOS?
ESOS (the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme) is a government initiative aimed at reducing carbon dioxide emissions in the UK. This is in response to the UK's Climate Change Act which has set out a legally- binding goal to cut greenhouse gases by 80% by 2050.
Who does it affect?
The ESOS scheme is mandatory for any large organisation meeting the qualifying criteria:
- More than 250 employees.
- A turnover of more than £42.5 million.
- An annual balance sheet total of £36.5 million.
- Only affects private and third - sector organisations ( not the public sector).
- If the organisation is part of a UK incorporated group if any part of the group qualifies then the whole group must comply.
- Franchisees are only affected if they are large enough on their own to qualify
With increasing compliance requirements as well as increasing energy prices the St. Clements Care Home Group was looking for an energy partner to work with. We were very pleased with the way Think ESOS carried out the work.”
For more information visit our Resource page or get in TOUCH with our online social community here.
Necessary Steps to Complete an ESOS Assessment
Any organisation which is fully covered by an ISO 50001 will not be re.. Read More
PAS Standards Announced by the British Standards Institution (BSI)
At Th!nk ESOS we applaud the DECC's (Department of Energy an.. Read More